March 30, 2014

Assemble the Minions!

This year my son wanted a Despicable Me party for his 4th birthday (or as he would call it, a "Minion Party").

I love both the movies, the minions are so cute, so I couldn't wait to start planning the decorations! It was so much fun designing everything!

I designed several "life size" minions, and I love the way they turned out!


I also cut several yellow and blue circles and stitched them together on my sewing 
machine to make party streamers.
Because I was planning this party for several months, I had time to save a few plastic containers that resembled the shape of minions. I spray painted them yellow and blue and then decorated them with hair (black pipe cleaners) and minion goggles (paper eyes, and black electrical tape). 

I used the larger containers for table decoration.
And the small containers were used for "minion bowling" 

I was really happy with the way the cake turned out. I am not a cake decorator, so I am always a little nervous about how my cakes will turn out. 

I followed this tutorial. Thank you Pinterest! The only change I made was using a mason jar lid for the silver part of the goggles, simply because it was easier and fewer steps, but it still looked great!

I will be selling these decorations in my Etsy shop, so if you see something you like, be sure to check back soon!

Happy Crafting!

No comments: