April 19, 2014

Sugar & Spice Party

I LOVED planning my little girl's first birthday party! I am so thankful I have a baby girl, and now I get to plan girly parties as well as boy themed parties.
 We went with a sugar and spice theme.
It fits Laney's personality perfectly. 

One minute she is the sweetest 
little thing you have ever seen, 
and the next she shows her fiesty little attitude. 

I decorated with pastel colors, and served sweet and spicy foods. 







I found this recipe on Pinterest to make turquoise lemonade. (I tweeked it a little bit, and used regular lemonade kool aid and blue raspberry kool aid.)

It turned out so pretty!

One of my favorite things to make for Laney's party was her milestone poster board.
It turned out so well!



I also made a one year family tree, full of baby pictures from our extended families, so everyone could see who Laney resembles the most. (FYI: her Daddy won)
The smash cake didn't exactly turn out the way I wanted it to, but at least you couldn't see all the imperfections in the pictures, so I guess that is all that matters. 

We layed out a pink table clothe on the wall/floor and moved some of the decorations behind Laney while she dug into her cake. It made for some pretty adorable pictures.

Here are a few of my favorites:



Happy Birthday baby girl, we can't wait to watch you grow up and celebrate many more birthdays!!

Happy Crafting!

No comments: